- Course Code:
- Location: Online
- Duration: 15 hours
- Cost: Free
- Qualification: Advanced Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Certification
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
- The basic principles of CBT, including the interaction between thoughts, feelings and behaviours.
- A brief history of CBT and how the first pioneers developed their theories and techniques.
- The problems that can be addressed using CBT, the populations that benefit from it and why it is not suitable for everyone.
- The main methods used by CBT practitioners and the role of the therapeutic relationship in CBT.
- Why CBT practitioners benefit from acquiring a basic knowledge of behavioural neuroscience.
- The key concepts behind behavioural neuroscience and how it helps us understand the actions of both well and mentally ill individuals.
- How noradrenaline affects human behaviour.
- The role of dopamine in human behaviour.
- An overview of Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT) and its philosophical foundations.
- ACT techniques used by practitioners in the treatment of psychological disorders.
- An overview of Behavioural Therapy (BT).
- The applications of BT and how it can help clients facing a range of problems.
- How CBT therapists use manuals to guide them through the therapy process.
- What is meant by the term 'case formulation'.
- Three common approaches to case formulation.
- How to use psychometric tests and assessments when administering CBT.
- What is meant by the term “eating disorder”.
- The types of eating disorder seen most often in therapeutic practice and the symptoms of each.
- The thoughts, behaviours and feelings usually seen in eating disorders.
- CBT interventions that are effective in conquering the maladaptive patterns underlying eating disorders.
- What is meant by the term 'depression' and how it is diagnosed.
- How the CBT paradigm makes sense of depression.
- The cognitive distortions and maladaptive behaviours that maintain a state of depression.
- CBT interventions that can lift depression.
- What is meant by the term “stress”.
- Why people become stressed and the symptoms of stress and burnout.
- CBT Interventions for Stress Alleviation
- What is meant by the term “anxiety” and the CBT interventions most often used by practitioners to help an anxious client.
- Why relationship difficulties are so common.
- Why a couple may seek out CBT.
- How a CBT practitioner can work with a couple to uncover underlying problems in how they communicate with one another.
- Why an individual or single person might seek out CBT to help improve their relationships.
- What is meant by the term “addiction”.
- The most common forms of addiction treated by CBT practitioners.
- How addiction is conceptualised in CBT and how thoughts maintain addiction behaviours.
- How a CBT therapist structures an addiction intervention therapy programme.
- How to pursue formal training as a CBT therapist.
- The key considerations to bear in mind when deciding whether to work in the private sector, the public sector, or both.
- How to promote your services as a private therapist.
- How to meet your legal obligations with regards to insurance, tax and supervision.
Certificate No certidno
This certificate is to verify that
Has completed the
ADVANCED COGNITIVE BEHAVIOURAL THERAPY (CBT) CERTIFICATION
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Advanced Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Certification course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 10 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 10 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Advanced Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
Can I apply for an NUS card?Yes. All New Skills Academy students can apply for an NUS card. Details of how to do so will be available in your account once your order has been processed.