- Course Code: N/A
- Location: Online
- Duration: 8 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: Conflict in the Workplace Certificate
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Conflict in the Workplace Certificate
Resolving conflicts is essential to the function of all businesses. Conflicts are inevitable; how they’re dealt with is optional. Conflicts can either reduce productivity or create a hostile working environment, or they can be resolved in a manner which strengthens working relationships. To get the best results you need to know how to approach them. This course tells you exactly how to transmute negative encounters in the workplace into a beneficial opportunity for growth.
This course has been created for management, staff and anyone interested in possessing the knowledge and skills to resolve workplace conflicts. This course covers key themes vital to resolving conflicts. All the information is based on up to date scientific research, and has been successfully applied in the workplace to resolve real life conflicts and is presented in easily understandable language.
What you will learn
The skills, tools and knowledge contained in this course are illustrated with examples to help you grasp the fundamental concepts of conflict resolution. Worksheets, quizzes, tests and interactive exercises are provided to reinforce and aid your learning. This course will teach you:
- How to identify the primary causes of conflict within the workplace
- The impact of conflict in the workplace
- How to manage conflict in the workplace
- The importance of positive workplace behaviours
- How to identify and properly resolve interpersonal conflicts in the workplace
- How to identify different communication styles and how they impact workplace conflicts
- The skills needed to address conflicts in the workplace
- How to deal with angry people in an effective and calm manner
- How to be assertive and communicate your needs without aggression
- How to create win-win resolutions which resolve conflicts and create harmony
- How to take personal responsibility for conflict resolution
Benefits of taking this course:
- Promote a harmonious working environment and reduce tension in the workplace
- Be able to confidently handle difficult interpersonal conflicts
- Increase productivity, morale and rapport among colleagues
- Build and sustain fruitful working relationships
- Increase empathy and people skills
Taking this course has tangible time and resource benefits - reducing the significant time spent in stress and conflict and replacing it with the skills and tools to work together with ease.
- Understand what organisational behaviour is and its far reaching personal and business impact;
- Discover how to identify the primary causes of conflict in the workplace;
- Learn how to manage conflict in the workplace, and the importance of positive workplace behaviours;
- Identify the route from an employee’s current behaviour to desired behaviour in the workplace;
- Understand how to identify and properly resolve interpersonal conflicts in the workplace;
- Identify different communication styles and how they impact workplace conflicts;
- Learn about different approaches to halting and resolving conflict in the workplace;
- Grasp some of the different approaches to managing conflict at work and in personal relationships;
- Learn how to deal with angry people, in a calm and effective manner;
- Learn how to be assertive and communicate your needs, without aggression;
- Learn how to remain calm during conflicts and prevent emotional overload;
- Learn how to create win-win resolutions, which resolve conflicts and create harmony;
- Understand the sources of personal and organisational conflict;
- Investigate what it takes to resolve a conflict and deliver successful outcomes;
- Gain knowledge on how to manage and resolve conflicts within the workplace;
- Realise the importance of taking personal responsibility for conflict resolution;
- Understand how to feel and overcome the fear of conflict and extend your comfort zone;
- Discover the importance of finding real life opportunities in which to be assertive about your needs;
- Learn how to reduce your and your colleagues’ stress, by better managing your time;
- Identify which conflict resolution skills you have already and those that need further development;
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Conflict in Workplace Certification course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Conflict in Workplace Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 8 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
Can I apply for an NUS card?Yes. All New Skills Academy students can apply for an NUS card. Details of how to do so will be available in your account once your order has been processed.