- Course Code: N/A
- Location: N/A
- Duration: 15 hours
- Cost: £598.00
- Qualification: N/A
- Course Access: N/A
- Exams Included: N/A
- Compatibility: N/A
- An introductory definition of educational psychology;
- What educational psychologists do;
- Educational psychology and its relationship with other branches of psychology;
- The main perspectives of educational psychology and their advocates;
- An introduction to the early years of educational psychology;
- The historical basis of educational psychology;
- The key figures in educational psychology throughout time;
- Evolving views of educational psychology throughout history;
- What is behavioural psychology or behaviourism and how it links to educational psychology;
- What is classical conditioning and how it affects involuntary behaviours;
- What is operant conditioning and how it affects voluntary behaviours;
- How social learning theory is related to operant conditioning;
- What is cognitive psychology?
- Schema theory;
- A definition of developmental psychology and how it links to educational psychology;
- The theories of Sigmund Freud and Jean Piaget, in relation to developmental psychology;
- Understanding the eight stages of psychological development using Erikson’s model;
- Bandura’s social learning theory;
- An introduction to the concept of constructivism;
- A few of the main constructivist theories;
- A presentation of Jean Piaget and his theory of cognitive development;
- Several constructivist teaching techniques;
- How dyslexia gets diagnosed;
- The symptoms of dyslexia;
- The different types of dyslexia;
- After a diagnosis of dyslexia;
- Factors that influence how students think and learn;
- Factors that motivate students;
- How social context and emotional wellbeing can influence learning;
- How psychology can inform classroom management;
- The development of psychology as a science;
- Psychological research methodology and statistical analysis;
- Psychological testing tools;
- Psychotherapy and treatment options;
- The origins and main fields of psychology;
- Educational psychology as a specialisation;
- The role of the educational psychologist;
- The identification and handling of special educational needs;
Certificate No certidno
This certificate is to verify that
Has completed the
INTRODUCTION TO EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY CERTIFICATION
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Introduction to Educational Psychology Certification course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 10 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 10 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Introduction to Educational Psychology Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
Can I apply for an NUS card?Yes. All New Skills Academy students can apply for an NUS card. Details of how to do so will be available in your account once your order has been processed.