- Course Code: UKFEM14EVM
- Location: Online
- Duration: 15 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: Events Management Certification Level 2
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers / devices
Events Management Certification Level 2
Whether you need to plan a corporate outing or you work in the hospitality and tourism industry, having an understanding of how to organise and manage events is vital.
Events management includes events of all sizes, from something as small as a lunch meeting to as large as a conference or festival. Therefore, having the knowledge necessary to run an event can make you a more valuable asset to either a current or prospective employer.
This course is also great for entrepreneurs who would like to make a name for themselves, organising a variety of event types, such as concerts or weddings.
This 23 module course will guide your team members through everything they need to know, in order to organise and run an event.
What’s Covered in the Course?
Through this course, team members will learn all about:
- The fields in which having knowledge of event management is absolutely necessary;
- How to use strategies, to effortlessly co-ordinate your events, while also maintaining a focus on budget;
- Different types of events, from small events to massive events and how to plan and organise them accordingly;
- The venues that are ideal for different event types and what you need to look out for, when shopping for one;
- Why developing a thorough and well thought out budget is such an important step;
- Providing your employees with the ideal methods for promoting your event, in order to receive the highest possible turnout, including the use of social media and other resources;
- How to organise a safe event and cope with potential emergencies;
- Methods of attaining all necessary equipment, such as seating, tents, toilets and electricity;
- An introduction to wedding planning and how to pursue this exciting career option;
- The legalities of planning events, including what insurance is necessary and your liability, in case of injury or death.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
While studying for this course, your employees can expect to enjoy the following benefits:
- Gaining the necessary knowledge, in order to plan such events;
- Knowing how to plan events of all sizes for your company;
- The ability to study at the time and from the place that best suits them;
- Upon completion of the course, your team member will be provided with an industry-recognised and accredited certification - this can enhance your company’s reputation;
- Study materials are available on all major devices - all that’s required is an internet connection.
- About Events Management as a Career
- Why you should become an events manager
- About what you’ll be doing when you’re working
- What the benefits of having a diploma are
- About the need to strategise everything
- Why you should pay particular attention to the budget
- The benefits to strategic management
- About events management software
- How to offer a high level of customer service
- What skills you will need to do this
- Why going the extra mile for your customers is well worth the effort
- How you can improve your communication skills
- About Small and Private Events
- About corporate events and understanding their aims
- About conferences and why timing is critical at these types of events
- About exhibitions and managing exhibition traffic
- How to best use your venue's resources
- How to make the most of seasonal themes
- How to work with themes into more intimate events
- How to bring your event theme to life
- The importance of executing good financial management
- Key event budgeting rules
- How to promote and sell tickets
- About graduated ticket pricing
- What events planners have to watch out for
- How to run an event safely
- About managing health and safety during the event
- How to plan for emergencies
- Managing your event's space
- Electricity and your event
- Organising sound for your event
- Arranging tables, tents, and chairs and parking facilities
- What wedding planners do
- Why people need wedding planners
- How wedding planners make money
- Whether being a wedding planner is as glamorous as it seems
- Religious ceremonies
- Civil ceremonies
- Location weddings
- Non-traditional weddings
- What needs to be done 16 to 18 months before the wedding
- What needs to be done 6 to 7 months before the wedding
- What needs to be done in the months running up to the wedding
- What things can wait until the last week before the wedding
- The basics of choosing a wedding venue
- About wedding venue logistics
- How to watch out for hidden extras
- About negotiating with your chosen venue
- What duties should be assigned to everyone at the ceremony
- Who can get married in the UK
- How to make marriage notices official
- What the marriage schedule is
- About choosing a theme
- How to encourage the couple to focus on their personal style to create a theme
- How to make sure the theme is plausible
- How choosing a theme can affect the overall budget
- How to find wedding attire within budget
- What regulations you have to be aware of
- How to save money on wedding attire
- About making sure the wedding attire fits
- What type of catering should a couple opt for
- How to find caterers that match the budget
- About arranging the wedding cake
- About drinks packages
- About finding the right kind of wedding entertainment
- About the different forms of wedding entertainment
- How to keep the kids entertained
- About making sure the logistics are right
- What printed materials is the happy couple likely to need?
- About your role as a wedding planner when it comes to printed materials
- How to organise a gift list for the couple
- How to obtain the best prices for printed materials
- Why you should book transport well in advance
- How to diversify and look at plenty of options
- About making sure the rest of the party and the guests have transport
- About adding extra touches
- How to find a great wedding photographer
- About consulting with the photographer before the big day
- How to encourage the couple to get more from their photography experience
- How to find the right videographer
- What your role is as a wedding planner when your couple is getting married abroad
- Which tour operators are recommended in the UK for arranging weddings abroad
- About Visas and other legal aspects
- Typical destinations for weddings abroad
- The Pros and Cons of Running an Events Planning Business
- What You Need to Know About Being a Self-Employed Events Planner
- Whether You Should Take a Hands-On or Hands-Off Approach
- Whether You Need a Dedicated Office
- About advertising your business
- About Building a Website for Your Wedding Planning Business
- The types of insurance needed
- Facebook, Twitter and Social Media Advertising
What our students have to say…
Really good course
Really good course that covered lots of different areas within events planning. I liked that, if there were any questions you got wrong on the tests, you could find out which ones and try again. Lots of case studies to look through too.
Hannah Lemmon – London
I would recommend this course to anyone
Fantastic course. It has really given me a strong foundation to pursue my journey into event planning.
The course is concise and gets straight to the point. It breaks everything down into simple points that are easy to remember.
I would recommend this course to anyone and everyone looking to pursue a career within the events industry.
Michaela Miller – London
I’m loving this course
This course is incredibly helpful and easy to understand to start off a career in event planning.
The case studies give you an insight into the real world of this role and not just the “shiny exterior”. I’m loving this course and cannot wait to use the knowledge that I have gained in the [hopefully not so distant] future!
Leanne Dormer – High Wycombe
I would recommend this course to others
I really enjoyed the course, nice short sections easy to take in the information.
I particularity liked the option to save the pfd and print the material, this allowed me to look back on the information, which was very helpful.
I would recommend this course to others as it gives an understanding to the events industry.
I look forward to using my certification and put the skills i learnt into practice in a day to day career change. Thanks!
Cos Constantinides – Essex
So thankful I did this course, well worth it!
Absolutely loved this course. The information provided is so easy to understand yet so vital to becoming a successful events planner/manager.
I enjoyed this course so much I completed it within 3 days and before finishing wanted to hop on Facebook and open a business. I didn’t by the way… I cannot wait to start putting my knowledge to good use, if you are planning a career in event management then the event management course is the way to go!
Not only have I learnt about planning, I now know the basics on starting a business and the dreaded health and safety regulations. So thankful I did this course, well worth it!
Michelle Britnor – Uvongo, South Africa
Having a good provider online it has opened the door for me to learn new things
The course was easy to find on the website, and plenty of information regarding course modules, outcomes and any frequently asked questions. There is plenty of choices for a range of courses, which made it harder for me to decide what course I wanted to pursue!
The price of the courses are reasonable and doing it in your own time while in employment is a plus for myself. Trying to find time while in full time work is hard in itself, but having a good provider online it has opened the door for me to learn new things and expand my knowledge.
I would definitely recommend to anyone who would want to learn online.
Sophie Mangano – Carmarthenshire
An excellent online course
Very interactive and quick to complete, highly recommended to anyone that is looking to further their knowledge. An excellent online course for CV’s and developing your skills. Fantastic for the money and worth taking time to complete with online help and notes to guide you through it.
New Skills Academy have recently won two high profile awards and after taking their online course you know the reason behind it with high quality course structure and accessibility.
All their courses have an excellent pass rate so it is suitable for everyone whether you are academic or not, which I find very good.
Kusaya Khrongpanya – London
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Events Management Certification Level 2 course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 23 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 23 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 23 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Events Management Certification Level 2 course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
Can I apply for an NUS card?Yes. All New Skills Academy students can apply for an NUS card. Details of how to do so will be available in your account once your order has been processed.