- Course Code:
- Location: N/A
- Duration: N/A hours
- Cost: Free
- Qualification: Events Management UK Certification
- Course Access: N/A
- Exams Included: N/A
- Compatibility: N/A
- To learn about the different types of events that you might create as an event planner
- To learn about the different skills you need as an event planner
- To learn about the realities of what it is like to be an event planner
- To understand the opportunities that a diploma in event planning presents for students
- To learn why event planners need to strategize
- To learn why budgeting is so important
- To learn about the benefits of strategic management
- To learn about events management software
- Why customer service is so important in this field
- How to offer a high level of customer service
- What skills you will need to do this
- Why going the extra mile for your customers is well worth the effort
- About Small and Private Events
- About corporate events and understanding their aims
- About conferences and why timing is critical at these type of events
- About exhibitions and managing exhibition traffic
- To learn about the different stages of event promotion
- To learn how to use social media to promote an event
- To learn how to use traditional media to promote an event
- To understand how to use social media to drive engagement at the event
- To learn the importance of budgeting and financial management
- To understand how to successfully create a budget
- To learn about typical event costs
- To learn how to set ticket prices
- To understand how to make the most of a venue’s resources
- To understand how to use seasonal themes
- To learn how to incorporate themes into all types of events
- To learn ways to bring your event theme to life
- To learn about the different suppliers that you will need
- To learn how to find reliable suppliers
- To learn how to hire suppliers
- To learn how to negotiate with your suppliers
- To learn how to manage the event space and the parking facilities
- To understand the impact of electricity on your event space
- To learn how to organise sound for the event
- To learn about arranging furniture and tents
- To learn about different types of event staff
- To learn about hiring event staff
- To learn about training event staff
- To understand the role of a manager
- What events planners have to watch out for
- How to run an event safely
- How to take care of employees and contractors
- About managing health and safety during the event
- To learn how to produce events that are compliant with UK law
- To understand the event planner’s role in creating safe events
- To learn more about organising health and safety procedures
- To understand to apply for the appropriate permits
- To learn about setting goals for events
- To learn how about quantifiable measurements
- To learn about soft measurements
- To learn about the benefits of a sustainable event
- To learn about the importance of your event’s legacy
- To learn about the different reasons that events change
- To learn about different professional tools to create better events
- To learn about different personal tools to create better events
- To learn about the pros and cons of running an event planning business
- To learn more about being a self-employed event planner
- To learn what kind of approach you should take to your business
- To learn about how to write a business plan
- To understand how to advertise your business
- To learn more about building your reputation through word of mouth
- To understand the importance of building a website
- To learn more about social media advertising
Certificate No certidno
This certificate is to verify that
Has completed the
EVENTS MANAGEMENT UK CERTIFICATION
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Events Management UK Certification course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 16 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 16 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 16 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Events Management UK Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
Can I apply for an NUS card?Yes. All New Skills Academy students can apply for an NUS card. Details of how to do so will be available in your account once your order has been processed.