- Course Code:
- Location: Online
- Duration: 16 hours
- Cost: Free
- Qualification: Fashion Design Diploma
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
- The Daily Tasks of a Fashion Designer
- The Different Types of Fashion Design
- The Skills Necessary to be a Fashion Designer
- Common Fashion Design Terminology
- Fashion Trends of the 19th Century
- 19th Century Fashion Influencers
- Fashion Trends of the 20th Century
- 20th Century Fashion Designers
- The Elements of Fashion Design
- The Principles of Fashion Design
- Understanding Fashion Design Styles
- Fashion Market Research
- How to Create a Mood Board
- A Look at the Design Development Process
- Fashion Design Sketching
- Sketching with Flat Schematics
- An Overview of Material Terminology
- The Main Fibre Groups Used in the Fashion Industry
- Understanding Textile Fibres and their Properties
- An Overview of Fabric Construction
- Sourcing Materials and Contractors
- Fabric and Trim Storyboards
- Patternmaking for Fashion Design
- Sizing, Grading, and Measurements
- Fitting the Toile and Altering the Pattern
- Cutting and Laying Your Pattern
- Garment Construction for Fashion Design
- Surface Specific Techniques
- Garment Support and Structure
- Finishes, Buttons and Trimmings
- Finding a Clothing Manufacturer for Your Line
- Creating a Garment Tech Pack
- Developing a Business Plan
- Owning a Business in the United Kingdom
- How to Start a Clothing Label
- Financing Your Clothing Label
Module 10: The Fashion Industry, Career Opportunities, Resources in the UK and Developing Your Brand
- The Fashion Industry in the United Kingdom
- Career Opportunities in Fashion Design
- Resources in the United Kingdom
- Developing Your Brand Identity
Certificate No certidno
This certificate is to verify that
Has completed the
FASHION DESIGN DIPLOMA
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Fashion Design Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 10 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 10 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Fashion Design Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 16 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
Can I apply for an NUS card?Yes. All New Skills Academy students can apply for an NUS card. Details of how to do so will be available in your account once your order has been processed.