- Course Code: UKFEC16ADV
- Location: Online
- Duration: 15 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: Level 2 Advertising & Marketing Certification
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers / devices
Level 2 Advertising & Marketing Certification
If you have individuals in your organisation who are responsible for the advertising and marketing strategies and initiatives of the company, this comprehensive Level 2 Advertising & Marketing Certification could be the ideal course to help them consolidate their existing knowledge and learn new skills in the field.
It’s simple for students to study at their own pace and around their existing work commitments, as the course is split into 18 concise 30-minute modules, organised by topic.
What’s Covered in the Course?
Students will learn about the following areas:
- An overview of the differences between advertising and marketing and an in-depth look at different types of marketing strategy and how to tailor strategies to your business;
- An understanding of media planning, including the processes within it and the importance of scheduling;
- How to use market research, in order to benefit the business, by understanding customer needs and how to effectively meet their expectations;
- Tips on how to create great advertising campaigns and effective adverts, including a definition of viral and social media marketing and how to use both to the greatest effect;
- How to purchase advertising space that works for your target market, as well as the different types of advertising space available;
- A summary of laws and regulations relating to advertising in the UK;
- Types of mistakes that can be made when advertising and how to avoid them;
- Tips on how to progress a career in the advertising and marketing field;
- Common advertising abbreviations that are in general use, as well as examples of effective adverts.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
Here are some of the many advantages of undertaking this course:
- You can help your team member’s career progression, by supporting them to gain comprehensive skills in marketing and advertising and undertake a structured certification;
- Students can easily combine work and study, due to the fact that they can complete bite-sized modules at their own pace and on any device;
- Students will receive a certified diploma which is valued by many employers in the field;
- Students can benefit from having lifetime access to the valuable information contained within the course.
- To learn the difference between advertising and marketing
- To understand the components of advertising
- To learn about the role as an advertiser
- To understand the advertising industry
- To learn what media planning is
- To understand what a professional media planner does
- To learn about the media planning process
- To learn about media scheduling
- To learn about different types of marketing strategies
- To understand how marketing strategies can benefit a business
- To learn which marketing strategies might work best for your business
- To learn the differences and similarities between marketing strategies
- To learn about the history of advertising
- To learn what advertising can do for a business
- To understand about the different methods of advertising
- To understand viral advertising
- To learn about customer research
- To understand how important customer research is to a business
- To learn how to gauge customer satisfaction
- To understand the types of market research
- To learn how to set an appropriate marketing and advertising budget
- To learn about keeping a budget for marketing and advertising
- To learn about traditional media channels
- To understand how to stick to a budget
- To understand what positioning means in a marketing sense
- To learn how to define your brand's message
- To understand how to create messages using positioning marketing
- To learn the ways to position your message
- To learn about the different elements of advertising
- To understand the key of a successful advertising campaign
- To learn which elements work in which circumstances
- To learn how to target an audience with an advertising campaign
- To learn how to create ads for different media
- To learn about different advert options
- To learn how to write an advert
- To understand the parts of a perfect advert
- To learn about the responsibilities of a media buyer
- To understand how media buyers identify a target audience
- To learn how to buy advertising space
- To understand how to decide which advertising space is best for your product
- To learn how to create a buzz with advertising
- To learn different methods to ‘go viral'
- To understand how viral marketing works
- To see the importance of the customer experience in viral marketing
- To learn about the significance of social media marketing
- To learn how social media marketing can improve an overall marketing plan
- To learn how to engage with customers via social media
- To learn about social marketing and how you can use it in your company
- To learn about the marketing pitfalls that marketers run into
- To learn how to avoid common mistakes
- To understand why some advertisements do not work
- To learn the importance of research in designing adverts
- To learn about different abbreviations in the marketing industry
- To understand how to use these abbreviations in the industry
- To learn how to find a unique selling point
- To understand how certain advertising tactics work
- To understand who regulates UK advertising law
- To learn about UK advertising codes
- To learn about advertising to children
- To understand gambling advertising
- To learn the intricate details of print and online advertising
- To understand how print media use adverts
- To understand how online media use adverts
- To learn how to use print advertising for a business
- To learn how to examine different advertising types
- To see how advertising works in the real world with companies you know
- To see examples of common advertising examples from the UK
- To learn how billboards can work for a business
- To learn about different career options in advertising and marketing
- To learn how to progress in marketing and advertising
- To learn some tips to make yourself attractive to marketing and advertising firms
- To understand how to make yourself stand out from the crowd
What our students have to say…
Excellent career progression
This is one of the best online available courses of marketing and advertising! So interesting and enriching for an excellent career progression
Sim El – Hatfield
I would recommend to anyone aiming to join the industry
I have worked within sales and marketing environments for a number of years, but not formally trained in marketing.
I found this course really interesting, clarifying and expanding on my knowledge in a format that proved easy to read and digest.
The worksheets were very useful prompts to check retention and understanding of individual modules, prior to progressing. I would recommend to anyone aiming to join the industry as an excellent grounding in advertising and marketing.
Lynne Price-Walker – Gloucester
This course is really concise and well written.
This course is really concise and well written. I am exceptionally pleased with my purchase and I am hoping that I will soon progress towards a job in this industry.
You can complete this all online but you also have the option to save the modules in pdf or print the modules for your records which is great for revision.
Great price and lots of help.
Rochelle Hughes – Scunthorpe
I am confident it would help anyone take the plunge into the marketing world!!
I am over the moon with this course and just had to leave a positive review.
The content is very relevant and completely up to date, it gives a fantastic overview of Advertising which is simple and easy to read and digest. It has helped me understand aspects in my current job role more than I needed. I am confident it would help anyone take the plunge into the marketing world!! The little tests along the way are also really handy, and tests what you have understood.
I would highly recommend this course. I am really looking forward to completing the remainder of this course, and browse what other courses are available. Thank you!!
Danielle Woodall – Birmingham
Would recommend this course
Really interesting and a good starting point for increasing my understanding and knowledge. Easy to access at any time, modules were nice and short so good bursts of information and easy to understand.
I feel that I have gained knowledge that I can take forward within my current profession and apply my knowledge to get the best possible results for my organisation in all forms of media. Would recommend this course for anyone looking to start off in this career and looking to gain solid background information to take you forward.
You have the flexibility to learn in your own time and take it at your own pace which is great when you are already working full time.
Sophie Graham – Consett
I would recommend to anybody
This course was easy to read. I could take as long as I needed and go at my own pace and I was surprised to find that this was an accredited course recognised by my employer. It does what it says on the tin.
I would recommend to anybody wanting to gain knowledge in this area, to add to your education section on your CV or even just for fun! The certificate now looks nice in my achievements folder.
I would most definitely enrol in this way of learning again when I am ready to learn another new subject.
Stacey Cowan – Northampton
So clear and easy to understand
New Skills Academy is a lovely system to work with. Easy to sign up and make an account. Modules are clearly defined and are packed of information. Really great, has lots of information on lots of topics.
Great foundation for anyone looking into this area of employment or self employed as has great ideas and advice to build on. Have attended face to face courses which have much less information than this.
Lovely bite size quizzes on some modules which help to understand and enforce the contact of the bigger modules. End exam has a nice mixture of topics covered in the course. And has an option to re-sit if needed.
Jennifer Anderson – Brecon
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Advertising & Marketing Certification Level 2 course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 18 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 18 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 18 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Advertising & Marketing Certification Level 2 course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
Can I apply for an NUS card?Yes. All New Skills Academy students can apply for an NUS card. Details of how to do so will be available in your account once your order has been processed.