- Course Code: UKFEC15ADD
- Location: Online
- Duration: 15 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: Level 3 Sage 50 Accounts Certification
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Level 3 Sage 50 Accounts Certification
For a long time, there has been a demand in the UK and elsewhere for reliable professionals who can help manage the company accounts.
Efficient and trained accounting professionals can help businesses focus on expansion and opportunities, provide insight into the financial status of the business and help to determine future business strategy.
The 10 modules in this Sage 50 Accounts Certification course will provide the team member with the opportunity to learn the features and tools provided in Sage 50 Accounts, in order to chase debt, maintain credit control, execute batch processing, understand the audit trail and manage quotations.
What’s Covered in the Course?
- The importance of quotations, how they can be used to boost sales and attract customers and how to convert quotations into sales orders.
- A closer understanding of chasing debt and maintaining credit control. Businesses often offer credit to customers, and the team member will learn how to follow up on customer payments and control credit levels.
- How transactions can be processed in batches, in order to save time and effort. The Sage 50 Accounts Certification course will teach the team member how to manage batch transactions, including batch payments.
- The importance of understanding an audit trail. Team members will learn how to interpret different information in the audit trail, by using the functions in the Sage 50 Accounts software.
- How incorrect transactions can lead to errors in the business’s accounts that may end up incurring fines and penalties.
- How budgeting forms a crucial aspect of cost control. The course will teach team members to use the features of Sage 50
- Accounts in order to create departments and budgets, to maintain improved control over financial and stock resources.
- How to prepare reports for different user profiles and different objectives. Employees will learn how to use the report function to their advantage, to enable them to generate aesthetic, informative and accurate reports for the end-user.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
- Help the business attract sales, as a pro-forma invoice provides detailed information regarding the product.
- Increased confidence in preparing budgets, in order to control costs; regular comparisons of the actual values with the budget can provide insight into business performance;
- Customers, investors and shareholders are more likely to be happy with the innovative and attractive reports that the system is able to generate for their benefit;
- Increased confidence in the business’s accounts, as the system tracks the audit trail, controls costs and rectifies incorrect transactions;
- The employee is able to access the course materials 24/7 and on any device
- What is credit control and why is it important for your business;
- Features in Sage 50 that are used to implement credit control measures;
- How to set up ageing periods and credit control for accounts;
- How to use the ‘Suggested payment' option.
- How to use the ‘Chase debt' option;
- How to enter information in the Communications tab in the Customers module;
- How to view a transaction history and aged balances for customers;
- How to flag disputed transactions;
- How to use dashboard views for credit control;
- Access to credit information using pie charts, bar charts and diary events on the dashboard view;
- How to use the Communications feature for improved credit control;
- How to use the Credit control reporting function;
- How to manage, check and send VAT returns (Standard and Cash VAT accounting);
- How to clear accounts;
- How to switch among VAT payment schemes;
- How to account for scale charges;
- How to submit VAT manually to HMRC;
- Switching between VAT schemes;
- The reconciliation process for switching between VAT schemes;
- How to post fuel scale charges using the wizard;
- An introduction to foreign currency trading;
- How to set up foreign currencies in Sage 50;
- How to deal with foreign currency suppliers and customers;
- How to post foreign currency bank transfer reversal;
Module 7 : How to Use Foreign Currencies in Sage 50 (Part II); How to Convert Quotations into Sales Invoices or Orders
- How to view foreign currency invoices;
- How to create product and service quotes;
- How to enter and edit item line information;
- How to create a product quote sales order;
- How to assign costs and status to a project;
- Management of project resources;
- Recording and analysis of project costs;
- How to charge project costs to customers;
- How to record and process committed costs for a project;
- How to allocate, amend and issue stocks to a project;
- How to bill customers for a project;
- How to post different project transaction types;
- How to generate project reports;
- How to open and save documents in Reports designer;
- How to add groups and sort to a report;
- Trial balance and Profit and Loss Reports'
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Level 3 Sage 50 Accounts Certification course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 10 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 10 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Level 3 Sage 50 Accounts Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
Can I apply for an NUS card?Yes. All New Skills Academy students can apply for an NUS card. Details of how to do so will be available in your account once your order has been processed.