- Course Code: UKFEC17MSW
- Location: Online
- Duration: 20 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: Microsoft Word Certification Level 3
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Microsoft Word Certification Level 3
The Microsoft (MS) Word Certificate Level 3 course is designed for those of your employees who wish to learn how to work with Microsoft Word software.
Everyone in a business environment needs to be competent in word processing software, and MS Word is the most widely used of these software applications.
Microsoft Word can be used for both business and personal use. The course covers a complete overview of the features within MS Word, and the team member will master the skills necessary to create, edit and print their own Word documents.
Upon successful completion of all 53 modules and the passing of a multiple choice examination, a course certificate is awarded.
The fully validated certificate can be conveniently downloaded or – for a small fee – it can be posted to the team member.
What’s Covered in the Course?
The following word processing skills are covered in this course:
- How to enter and delete text in a document;
- Splitting and joining text;
- Functions in Word;
- Find and replace text;
- Spell check, thesaurus and word count;
- How to format your document;
- Creating and editing borders and tables;
- Creating an automatic table of contents;
- Inserting images, shapes and Clipart;
- Printing features;
- Creating and editing headers and footers;
- Design features in Word;
- Inserting videos;
- Inserting footnotes and endnotes;
- Using mail merge;
- Sending E-mail in Word;
- How to add and edit hyperlinks;
- Quick access toolbar.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
- This qualification improves the employee’s value to the organisation, irrespective of their role, due to their ability to prepare professional documents and reports;
- The course is accessible online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, which makes it ideal for those who work full-time but wish to upgrade their skills and qualifications;
- The convenience of studying anywhere, at any time, on any device (PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone), provided the learner has an internet connection;
- Studying at a pace that is comfortable for the learner – there is no time limit by which to complete the course;
- Short, sharp modular structure to the programme, which makes learning easy and fun;
- Accessible online support throughout the course;
- A comprehensive syllabus, covering all important word processing skills.
It has been beneficial to me
This course will give me the chance to engage further in my search for a career. I found this course helpful for both refreshing my memory of known skills as well as teaching me new ones.
I appreciated the chance to engage in this course as it was very interactive. I could both watch videos as well as read explanations. I could then apply that in a practice element of the course.
I have an ICT A Level and I didn’t know some of the function that were possible on word. It has been beneficial to me, even though I’m well versed in Microsoft Word.
Shelley Mckeown – Carrickfergus
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Microsoft Word Certification Level 3 course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 53 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 53 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 53 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Microsoft Word Certification Level 3 course?We estimate that the course will take about 20 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
Can I apply for an NUS card?Yes. All New Skills Academy students can apply for an NUS card. Details of how to do so will be available in your account once your order has been processed.