- Course Code: UKFEC17SGI
- Location: Online
- Duration: 12 hours
- Cost: £199.00
- Qualification: Sage 50 Certification Level 2
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Sage 50 Certification Level 2
The second of a 3-level certification programme, the Sage 50 Level 2 course offers an intermediate understanding of this software. While completion of the Level 1 course is highly recommended, this course can be completed by staff who already have a foundational knowledge of Sage 50.
A great option for providing career advancement opportunities and skills training, this certification programme focuses on the transactional aspects of your business, which is aimed to improve recordkeeping and sales management.
What’s Covered in the Course?
In this course, staff will learn:
- The basics of accruals and prepayments, including month end reports and setting up prepayments;
- How to set up fixed assets and calculate depreciation values, including how to use an Asset Disposal Wizard, fixing inaccuracies and the management of customer and supplier information;
- How to process purchase orders, stock control and monitoring, including how to create, amend and delete orders and how to look up past orders, while maintain stock levels;
- How to set product pricing, build a price list and calculate customer discounts and credits;
- The complete sales order process, such as despatching an order, allocating stock and creating an audit trail.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
Here are the benefits of taking the course:
- Limits the need for accountants outside of your organization, saving you both time and money;
- Helps your employee to transition from manual to computerised accounting systems, while building on their professional development;
- Can easily be completed at home or at work, at a pace that suits the demands of everyday life, making it convenient and easy-to-follow, no matter where your employee accesses it;
- Provides the required background and detail, in order to put learning outcomes into practice, and gives your employee the required confidence, in order to immediately begin implementing each module.
- Understanding the concept of accruals and prepayments;
- How to set up prepayments and accruals in Sage 50;
- How to run month end accounts;
- How to post manual entries in the prepayment journal and the reversal;
- Understanding fixed assets and depreciation;
- How to set up a fixed asset record in Sage 50;
- Three methods of calculating depreciation in Sage 50;
- How to post a fixed asset record based on hire purchase, and perform asset valuation;
Module 3 : Fixed Assets and Depreciation (Part II), Customer and Supplier Addresses and Purchase Orders (Part I)
- How to use the Asset Disposal Wizard and record sale of an asset;
- What to do if depreciation has been missed for a month;
- What to do if an asset has been recorded and processed inaccurately;
- How to re-index supplier and customer addresses;
- Setting up purchase order defaults in Sage 50;
- Specifying different options, such as invoice numbering and default invoice format;
- How to set up and calculate discounts on invoices and purchase orders;
- How to create purchase orders and edit the item line;
- How to amend deliveries;
- How to use the ‘Update ledgers' option for purchase orders;
- How to cancel, delete or reverse a purchase order;
- How to memorise and recall a purchase order;
- How to incorporate stock adjustments using the FIFO or First-in-First-out rule;
- How to correct an incorrectly entered AI, using the exact method and the average cost price method in Sage 50;
- How to post stock out, using sales invoices, credits and sales orders;
- How to maintain stock levels, using the product shortfall and sales order shortfall options.
- Important reasons why businesses need to incorporate adjustments;
- Assembly levels and link levels of products and sub-components;
- How to use the ‘Check bill of material' (BOM) feature to track stock availability;
- How to check the BOM to which a sub-component belongs, and deleting a BOM;
- How to create and apply price lists;
- How to add products to a price list;
- How to select calculation and recalculation methods for price lists;
- How to import products into a customer price list;
- A brief overview of the importance of a pricing strategy.
- Different types of discounts that can be set up in Sage 50;
- How to set up a ‘good customer discount';
- How to set up early settlement and quantity discounts;
- How to enter sales orders;
- How to despatch a sales order;
- How to view and interpret despatch information;
- How to allocate stocks and complete a sales order;
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Sage 50 Certification Level 2 course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 10 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 10 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Sage 50 Certification Level 2 course?We estimate that the course will take about 12 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
Can I apply for an NUS card?Yes. All New Skills Academy students can apply for an NUS card. Details of how to do so will be available in your account once your order has been processed.